- Investment Expertise
We are committed to supporting the insurance sector and have a dedicated insurance solutions team.
We’re finding that an increasing number of institutional, pension fund and high-net-worth investors are turning to private equity in order to enhance their portfolio performance.
- Our insight
The House View process provides a consistent macroeconomic framework to analysing global financial markets.
Our Head of Global Strategy, Andrew Milligan, introduces the latest edition of Global Outlook, a summary of our House View.
Standard Life Investments’ Global Strategy team provide regular analysis of the key economic data that has been influencing financial markets.
Our global strategists combine valuable experience, thorough research and analysis to tackle major issues of the moment.
Governance and stewardship is about making sure that companies’ operational processes and policies are robust and responsible.
- How we discharge our stewardship responsibilities
- Our policy for managing conflicts of interests
- How we monitor our investee companies
- Our guidelines for escalating engagement
- Our willingness to act collectively with other investors
- Our policy on voting and voting disclosure
- How we report on stewardship to our clients
We recognise the importance of transparency and accountability when it comes to our stewardship responsibilities. To this end, we have published an annual review of our governance and stewardship activities, which provides an account of how we have fulfilled our responsibilities. Please select the link below to view the 2015 annual review.2015 annual review
- Responsible Investment
We recognise that the management of environmental and social responsibilities is subject to many factors, and take into account the particular circumstances, industries and locations in which the companies operate.
We've produced guidelines on responsible investment to explain how we evaluate the environmental and social policies of the companies in which we are (or might be) an investor.
Our experience in operating across many different investment cycles and markets provides us with the context to manage change. Throughout these cycles, we have the people, philosophy and proficiency of process to plot what we believe is the right course for our clients’ assets.
- Secure content
Standard life investments 3rd party AUM break through 50% milestone
14 March 2013
Standard Life Investments, the global fund manager, today announced that its third party assets under management (AUM) now account for over 50% of its total assets under management. Standard Life Investments was launched in November 1998 with total AUM of £62.7bn of which £5.9bn, 9.4%, was third party money.
Keith Skeoch, CEO, Standard Life Investments said:
"To have achieved this milestone in such a relatively short length of time shows the ongoing trust that clients have placed in Standard Life Investments’ ability to provide investment solutions, strong performance, and high levels of client service.
"This milestone reflects the sustainable global growth of Standard Life Investments’ investment proposition. It comes on the back of a very strong set of results in 2012 which showed that 62% of net flows came from outside the UK, including £1.8bn ($2.8bn) from the US.
"Clients are increasingly recognising the benefits of managers who take a long term approach to investing and provide investment solutions designed to meet their requirements. I am confident that Standard Life Investments will continue its global growth and am committed to providing clients with a range of innovative investment solutions designed to meet their investment goals."
Highlights of Standard Life Investments’ performance in 2012 include:
- Earnings before interest and tax (EBIT) up 15% to a record £145m (2011: £126m)
- Worldwide third party sales up 42% to £6.1bn (2011: £4.3bn)
- Retention rates were some of the highest in the industry at just 14%* of opening AUM
- 44% of third party sales generated from strategic partners like: John Hancock (US), HDFC Asset Management (India), Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank (Japan) and Standard Life
- Third party AUM up 16% to a record £83.0bn (2011: £71.8bn)
- Total AUM up 8% to a record £167.7bn (2011: £154.9bn)
- Strong investment performance with 91% of funds over one year and 81% over three year time periods outperforming their benchmark
- Strong product development pipeline
* excluding the outflow of £1.8bn relating to the loss of a single low yield mandate following a client’s change of pension scheme strategy
Commenting on Standard Life Investments’ 2012 results Keith Skeoch said:
"Standard Life Investments produced very strong results in 2012, delivering record EBIT, record profit, record year end third party aum and record total aum. This achievement demonstrates client confidence in our focus on change philosophy, that drives our investment process, and the team based approach adopted by Standard Life Investments.
"While 2013 will continue to be challenging with global economies facing many uncertainties, I firmly believe that Standard Life Investments has the performance, products and people to enable our clients to prosper."