- Investment Expertise
We are committed to supporting the insurance sector and have a dedicated insurance solutions team.
We’re finding that an increasing number of institutional, pension fund and high-net-worth investors are turning to private equity in order to enhance their portfolio performance.
- Our insight
Our Head of Global Strategy, Andrew Milligan, introduces the latest edition of Global Outlook, a summary of our House View.
Standard Life Investments’ Global Strategy team provide regular analysis of the key economic data that has been influencing financial markets.
Our global strategists combine valuable experience, thorough research and analysis to tackle major issues of the moment.
- How we discharge our stewardship responsibilities
- Our policy for managing conflicts of interests
- How we monitor our investee companies
- Our guidelines for escalating engagement
- Our willingness to act collectively with other investors
- Our policy on voting and voting disclosure
- How we report on stewardship to our clients
We recognise the importance of transparency and accountability when it comes to our stewardship responsibilities. To this end, we have published an annual review of our governance and stewardship activities, which provides an account of how we have fulfilled our responsibilities. Please select the link below to view the 2015 annual review.2015 annual review
- Responsible Investment
We've produced guidelines on responsible investment to explain how we evaluate the environmental and social policies of the companies in which we are (or might be) an investor.
- Secure content
Standard Life Investments Delivers Defining Decade
13 August 2014
Standard Life Investments, the global fund manager, enjoyed a record breaking first half to 2014 which continues the tremendous momentum the company has seen over the past ten years. The first half of 2014 saw third party net inflows of £4.2bn, record third party assets under management (AUM) of £108.0bn, record total AUM of £195.1bn and record operating profit before tax of £104m.
Keith Skeoch, CEO, Standard Life Investments said:
"I am privileged to have been the CEO at Standard Life Investments for just over ten years now and pleased to be able to report another strong set of half year results. However, as a firm believer in the benefits of long term active investing, what pleases me most are the strong relationships we have established with institutional and retail clients around the world over the past ten years. A defining decade for Standard Life Investments which, despite some of the most volatile and challenging markets experienced in recent times, has seen:-
- Third party AUM increase over six-fold from £15.9bn to £108.0bn*
- An unbroken decade of third party net inflows with cumulative net inflows of £60.6bn representing a ten year CAGR of 17%, accounting for two-thirds of the increase in AUM
- Third party net inflows from overseas clients increase from 3% to 57%
- Operating profit increase over ten-fold from £6.4m to £104m
- Excellent investment performance with third party AUM above benchmark: one year 87%; three years 89%; five years 91%; ten years 81%
- Standard Life Investments become the largest active manager of purely UK Pension Assets, up from 20th position in 2004**
- Standard Life Investments move from 39th in 2004 to 5th in 2014 for UK retail AUM***
"The strength of our investment performance and net inflows over the last decade mark Standard Life Investments out as one of the leading asset managers. Our success and rapid growth as an active fund manager in a decade that saw a general increase in the use of passive strategies is testimony to our 'Focus on Change' investment philosophy. There is also growing global recognition of the benefits clients can gain by working with a manager who is seen to add value by taking a long term approach to investing.
"The addition of Standard Life Wealth and Ignis Asset Management present a great opportunity for us going forward. They will help deepen our investment capabilities, broaden our third party client base and strengthen our strategic position.
"I am confident that as we look forward to the next ten years Standard Life Investments has the proven investment expertise and global distribution capabilities that will continue to deliver both superior investment performance and innovative solutions for our clients."
* If the £59bn of Ignis Asset Management funds, as at 31 Dec 2013, are included the increase is over ten-fold.
** Source FT research
*** Standard Life Investments