- Investment Expertise
We are committed to supporting the insurance sector and have a dedicated insurance solutions team.
We’re finding that an increasing number of institutional, pension fund and high-net-worth investors are turning to private equity in order to enhance their portfolio performance.
- Our insight
The House View process provides a consistent macroeconomic framework to analysing global financial markets.
Our Head of Global Strategy, Andrew Milligan, introduces the latest edition of Global Outlook, a summary of our House View.
Standard Life Investments’ Global Strategy team provide regular analysis of the key economic data that has been influencing financial markets.
Our global strategists combine valuable experience, thorough research and analysis to tackle major issues of the moment.
Governance and stewardship is about making sure that companies’ operational processes and policies are robust and responsible.
- How we discharge our stewardship responsibilities
- Our policy for managing conflicts of interests
- How we monitor our investee companies
- Our guidelines for escalating engagement
- Our willingness to act collectively with other investors
- Our policy on voting and voting disclosure
- How we report on stewardship to our clients
We recognise the importance of transparency and accountability when it comes to our stewardship responsibilities. To this end, we have published an annual review of our governance and stewardship activities, which provides an account of how we have fulfilled our responsibilities. Please select the link below to view the 2015 annual review.2015 annual review
- Responsible Investment
We recognise that the management of environmental and social responsibilities is subject to many factors, and take into account the particular circumstances, industries and locations in which the companies operate.
We've produced guidelines on responsible investment to explain how we evaluate the environmental and social policies of the companies in which we are (or might be) an investor.
Our experience in operating across many different investment cycles and markets provides us with the context to manage change. Throughout these cycles, we have the people, philosophy and proficiency of process to plot what we believe is the right course for our clients’ assets.
- Secure content
The Enhanced-Diversification Growth portfolio aims to generate equity-type returns over the economic cycle (typically five to seven years in duration), but with less than two-thirds of equity market volatility.
Enhanced-Diversification Growth is essentially a diversified growth portfolio. However, unlike many traditional diversified growth approaches, it is not wholly reliant on different growth assets to provide its return and diversification benefits. While it holds a range of market return investments (such as equities, bonds and real estate across the globe) it also uses enhanced-diversification strategies to provide both additional sources of return and high levels of diversification for the portfolio.
Within Enhanced-Diversification Growth, we can use the diversification strategies and investment resource of our multi-asset specialists. We can therefore target enhanced, lower-risk performance versus conventional diversified growth portfolios, in a cost-effective manner.
Benefits of the Enhanced-Diversification Growth portfolio
- Looks further afield for diversification opportunities – is not reliant only on growth assets to provide diversification.
- Smoother investment journey – utilizes return-seeking, enhanced-diversification strategies, providing greater resilience in times of market stress.
- Experienced team and established process – the portfolio is constructed around our established and renowned process for generating strategies, combining strategies with conventional assets to mitigate risk, and risk-based portfolio management and control.