- Investment Expertise
We are committed to supporting the insurance sector and have a dedicated insurance solutions team.
We’re finding that an increasing number of institutional, pension fund and high-net-worth investors are turning to private equity in order to enhance their portfolio performance.
- Our insight
The House View process provides a consistent macroeconomic framework to analysing global financial markets.
Our Head of Global Strategy, Andrew Milligan, introduces the latest edition of Global Outlook, a summary of our House View.
Standard Life Investments’ Global Strategy team provide regular analysis of the key economic data that has been influencing financial markets.
Our global strategists combine valuable experience, thorough research and analysis to tackle major issues of the moment.
Governance and stewardship is about making sure that companies’ operational processes and policies are robust and responsible.
- How we discharge our stewardship responsibilities
- Our policy for managing conflicts of interests
- How we monitor our investee companies
- Our guidelines for escalating engagement
- Our willingness to act collectively with other investors
- Our policy on voting and voting disclosure
- How we report on stewardship to our clients
We recognise the importance of transparency and accountability when it comes to our stewardship responsibilities. To this end, we have published an annual review of our governance and stewardship activities, which provides an account of how we have fulfilled our responsibilities. Please select the link below to view the 2015 annual review.2015 annual review
- Responsible Investment
We recognise that the management of environmental and social responsibilities is subject to many factors, and take into account the particular circumstances, industries and locations in which the companies operate.
We've produced guidelines on responsible investment to explain how we evaluate the environmental and social policies of the companies in which we are (or might be) an investor.
Our experience in operating across many different investment cycles and markets provides us with the context to manage change. Throughout these cycles, we have the people, philosophy and proficiency of process to plot what we believe is the right course for our clients’ assets.
- Secure content
In this edition we consider:
- The complicated issue of UK-EU negotiations through the Article 50 process
- The recovery in the container shipping sector after a tough 2016
- Diverging inflation trends in emerging markets and the implications for monetary policy
- A welcome change in attitude towards corporate governance in Japan
- The opportunities that exist in emerging market credit
- Why the Australian economy is facing challenges to its multi-decade period of economic growth
The February edition considers:
- Why investors should look though the political noise and focus on the corporate earnings cycle in 2017
- Which sectors and companies have been generating cash and how they have been using it
- The importance of identifying companies that can generate and expand earnings, and afford to pay that cash in dividends
- Where we are in the credit cycle
- How some REITs can benefit in an environment of high bond yields and inflation
The January edition considers:
- The policy choices facing US President-elect Donald Trump
- The outlook for inflation in the wake of Brexit and the US elections
- The pros and cons of currency carry trades and how they might perform in 2017
- What drives the success of Germany's medium-sized, or 'Mittelstand', companies